Thursday, October 24, 2013

Lynfred Winery Reds

When we visited Lynfred Winery a few weeks ago, their Marketing Director, Christina, sent us off with a few bottles for review (and pleasure) purposes. After tasting so many tasty wines at the winery, we knew it would be interesting to taste these on our home turf. Lynfred definitely has its own terroir. :)
Lynfred Winery Vin de City Red

Vin de City Red NV (My Kind of Wine!)

Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot blend; bright ruby red; earthy red currant and tart cherry aromas; dark cherries, black pepper, and vanilla flavors into a slight tannic yet lingering finish; medium mouthfeel; cork closure; 12.5% ABV; SRP $10

Lynfred Winery 2008 Chancellor

2008 Chancellor

Light garnet in color; earthy stewed plum aromas; red berry, plum and vanilla flavors; round mouthfeel into a slightly tannic finish. 80% Chancellor, 20% Syrah from Correll Vineyards in Newton, Illinois; Lynfred's first Chancellor; 12.5% ABV; SRP $18.25
While many of Lynfred's wines are just fine for drinking on their own, it seems like they all taste even better when paired with food. With a long and impressive wine list, we're looking forward to tasting many more of their wines!

Disclaimer: These wines were provided for review purposes.

Like 50 States Of Wine on Facebook
Follow 50 States Of Wine on Twitter
Subscribe to the 50 States Of Wine YouTube channel

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...