On a family vacation day last week, we had the opportunity to lunch at the Greenbush Brewing Taproom, followed up with wine tasting at a newly opened (relatively) Gravity Winery.
All wines are Lake Michigan Shore AVA, coming from 30 acres of vineyards that produce about 200,000 pounds of grapes annually. Many of their grapes are sold under contract to other local wineries, so, in the meantime, some of the grapes are sourced locally to vinify the wine. For tasting, the wines are served by the flight (four different wines (equivalent to a full glass of wine ) and each wine is paired with either gourmet chocolate or cheese.
- Peaceful White (0%) is a dry blend of Riesling, Vidal, and Vignoles paired with colby-monterey jack.
- Pinot Gris (1%) was paired with a mild cheddar.
- Ollie's White (3.5%) is a Vignoles paired with havarti.
- DynoWhite (6.5%) is a sweet Seyval Blanc paired with gouda.
- Shiraz (0%) was paired with dark chocolate with cherries and pecans.
- The Theory (0%) A dry and peppery Cabernet Franc was paired with dark chocolate with almonds and sea salt.
- Pinot Noir (0%) was paired with milk chocolate with almond.
- Irresistible Red (2%) is a semi sweet Chambourcin paired with milk chocolate toffee.
A nice addition to the Lake Michigan Shore Wine Trail!
Like 50 States Of Wine on Facebook
Follow 50 States Of Wine on Twitter