This week I've been concentrating on the Clif Family Winery, tasting both whites and reds from their collection. One of the things that really impresses me is their approach to their packaging, making it as friendly as possible. Their bottles use screwtop closures, which in my mind is the way to go in these modern times. While cork closures are romantic and historic, it's more likely than not that they will phase out sooner rather than later, as will bottles, eventually. That's where packaging like The Climber Pouch comes in.
With an 80% lower carbon footprint and 90% less waste than two glass bottles, the Climber Pouch is easy on the planet and the palate. It's lighter to carry than glass, perfect for any adventure, easy to re-seal and stays fresh for up to one month after opening.
New Innovative Packaging that is as Easy on the Planet as the Palate:
- Portable and Unbreakable – perfect for camping, picnics, barbeques, ball games and anywhere glass can’t go
- Less Packaging, More Wine– 90% less waste than the glass equivalent
- Environmentally Friendly – 80% lower carbon footprint than the glass equivalent
- Highest Quality Wine – sourced from the finest California vineyards
- Sip Anytime – wine tastes great for up to one month after opening and chills in just 14 minutes in the refrigerator
- Great Value – equivalent of two 750ml bottles in every pouch
The handles are a great idea, easy to carry. With my media samples I received a carabiner, which utilizes the handles or holes at the top of the package to attach itself to lots of things, like a backpack. We will definitely be bringing these pouches when hiking and camping!
1% FOR THE PLANET
On top of all this, Clif Family Winery is a proud member of 1% for the Planet and will donate one percent of all Climber Pouch sales to Trees for the Future, an organization that has been helping communities around the world plant trees since 1989.
50 States Of Wine on Facebook
50 States Of Wine on Twitter